Big Don’ts when You Get Dance Classes
It is not easy to learn how to dance especially if it is your first time trying in your whole life ever. It is also understandable that you don’t know what should and should not be done when you attend your dance lessons. However, you and your dance partner would also want to save yourselves from all the embarrassment especially if you are taking dance group lessons. Here are some big nos that you should keep in mind when you attend wedding dance school in Houston, TX or wherever that could be.
- Not getting familiar with the dance style you want to learn in your wedding – When you dine in a restaurant, you simply can’t randomly choose from what’s available in the menu without knowing what the food is consist of. This is the same when you take dance lessons. A dance school will offer you different dance style classes. Don’t choose Rumba if in the end it is not something you want to do. Do a research! See what dance styles you can easily learn and confidently do on your wedding. Watch YouTube videos to have an image on how the dance is done.
- Not wearing the proper dance rehearsal attire – When you do your dance classes, it is important that you can move comfortably. Most of all, what you should wear is something that is appropriate with the dance style you chose to learn. If it is a social ballroom dance, then you will have to start your rehearsal getting used to wearing high-heeled dancing shoes.
- Feeling intimidated by other dance students – If you attend group dance lessons, expect that there will be a better dancer than you. But don’t feel intimidated by that or else you won’t be able to learn what you should learn. In a class, everyone is a beginner and let your dance instructor handle that. All you need to do is to dance with confidence and at your best.
- Getting impatient to learn and skipping the basics – Dancing can be hard to learn and it takes a lot of patience. Nonetheless, this is not enough reason to quit when you have not even started yet. You need to be patient learning and mastering the basic steps of the dance for you to easily do complex dances.
- Not consulting with your dance instructor – For every wedding dance school in Houston, TX, it is way easier if you know how to communicate with your dance instructor. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions or if you are confused with the choreography.
Helpful Wedding Articles: